The version 2020 of Petities.nl is based on the 'versie 2019' proposed here earlier. Instead, the description on this page is in English and projected for 2020.
Version 2020 of the petitioning website will improve:
- signing and starting petitions
- campaigning (sharing, mobilising, funding)
- maintenance (for petitioner and self-cleaning the database)
- search, analysis and monitoring of petitions
- privacy improvements
- connecting with government
- self-organisation of petition teams
as a result it will require less labour to support signatories and petitioners, which will make it easier for petitions to scale up.
The design will no longer be a website on top of a database, but an application programming interface supporting a webinterface (at least). If feasible, the codebase will be shared with other open source petitioning platforms.
- per e-mail address one signature currently, how to improve this?
- a confirmation message is sent with a required link to follow (otherwise autodelete after 30 days), how to prevent signatories missing this?
- opt-in for future campaign e-mails currently, but how to make sure signatories are mobilised and involved?
- no opt-out for the concluding e-mail with answer or deleting a signature, but how to give people control about this?